“The Norwood Tower is by far the prettiest, most beautiful building in Austin. And the people who work there have always been just the nicest, most wonderful people you can imagine.” – Nelson Johnson, building manager from 1951 to 1976
- 16 floors
- Steel-framed structural skeleton
- Fully pre-cast concrete exterior panels
- Intricate gothic detailing throughout
- Gross Area: 143,688 square feet
- Net Rentable Area: 122,019 square feet
- Three Otis elevators (two passenger, one passenger/freight).
- All modernized in 2000 with microprocessor MCE Motion Controls.
- Passenger Lifts: up to 2000 lbs. Passenger / Freight Lift: up to 2500 lbs.
- Tenant’s in Norwood Tower enjoy a parking ratio equal to one covered parking space per 350 rsf leased (1:750 in the attached garage with the balance across the street in the Brown Building)
- Tenants may also lease parking in the surface lot located immediately adjacent to the building.
- On-site management office, Suite 220
- Open daily from 8 am to 5 pm.
- All staff are equipped with pagers, radios and mobile phones for constant communication
- Equipped with a state-of-the-art fire alarm and sprinkler system
- Computerized Access Card system
- 2000 amp electrical transformer
- Majority of the system is a 208/single phase, three-wire service.
- 60 KW diesel emergency generator
- Powers emergency lights, one passenger elevator, and the life safety control panels.
- 20-ton Carrier Air Handler on each floor
- Distributes chilled or hot water to VAV’s located throughout each floor.
- Building Conference Room (First Floor)
- On-Site Restaurant (Perry’s Steakhouse & Grill)
- T1 Connection available for a reasonable fee
- Cable available
- Valet Parking
- Books-on-CD (check out from parking attendant)