The Property Today
Purchased in 1997 by Norwood Tower L.P., a subsidiary of the LBJ Holding Company, the Johnson family has spent over $2 million to restore the building to Class A status. Selected by the Building Owners and Managers Association of Austin as the Best Office Building Renovation for 2002, it is managed as a Class A building, with services not customary in older buildings. On-site management is responsive and sensitive to tenant needs.
Three elevators, with state-of-the-art controls and a controlled access card system for after hour entry, transport passengers. One elevator and emergency lights are operated by a generator during power outages. Just as in 1929, the attached, enclosed garage offers direct access to the building.
The exclusive character of the Norwood Tower family is a reflection of the building’s time and place. It’s long-standing reputation as a prestigious business address currently draws a variety of attorneys, city and university offices, and financial companies, including the Texas Capital Bank.
Penetrated with natural light and adorned with embellishments, the Norwood Tower offers a convenient location as well as many unusual amenities to its tenants:
- 3,000 sf roof deck available to all tenants
- Spacious building conference room available for tenants’ use
- An audio library of books on CD for all tenants
- No voice mail: an after-hours answering service offers a more personal touch
- Massage therapist available by appointment twice monthly in a dedicated massage room
- Drawings for massage therapist, 8 free massages every month
- Drawings for restaurant gift certificates
- Winter Holiday Party
- Snack and soda machines on premises
- Extra storage facilities available
- Management is on call 24/7 as needed
- Windows are washed twice yearly
- Frequent holiday celebrations with gourmet refreshments
- Time Warner cable service available
- T1 internet service available
- Annual Capital Area Food Bank drive
- Annual flu shots available